Denver’s Top Five Brewery Patios (Dog-friendly included)
April 19, 2019
It’s officially Spring here in Colorado, and we all know how that goes - It can be sunny one day and snowing the next. But this weekend calls for sunshine! That’s why I’ve pulled together a list of my five fav brewery patios. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. And remember to #goCARless when you are enjoying craft beer – this isn’t your father’s 4 percent beer, it’s better and stronger! Check out my latest post on Instagram to win a $50 Lyft gift card courtesy of No DUI Colorado.
ATTENTION DOG PARENTS: Don’t drink and drive with your best friend in the car – or ever! If you are not within walking distance of your fav dog-friendly patio, it’s best to leave your furry fam at home. That’s responsible parenting.
1) Cannonball Creek Brewing Co. From flagship beers, always on tap, to specialty brews, this brewery is home to some of the best beer I have ever had - seriously. They also offer specials on their social media channels, so don’t miss out.
Visit Cannonball on a Sunday and enjoy the amazing wood-fired pizza from The Rolling Dough food truck on the dog-friendly patio. I’ve found that the best way to get to Cannonball is to leave the car at home and use the light rail or Lyft.
2) Epic Brewing Co. I am a huge fan of all the Brainless brews at Epic, but my favorite would have to be Brainless on Peaches. The subtle peach flavor paired with the malty dry finish makes it the perfect Spring beverage. The RiNo location is visited by a rotation of delicious food trucks, making it the perfect one-stop shop for tasty food and drink. Need a way there? Jump on the A-Line to the 38th and Blake Street Station. You can walk or scoot the rest of the way - about half a mile. Grab an Uber or Lyft to head home or take in the spring air on foot on your way back to the light rail.
3) New Terrain Brewing Co. Attention dog parents, this hidden gem has a huge dog-friendly patio. New Terrain is also known for their wide selection of delicious IPAs. On the weekends, a couple of food trucks will stop by, including my personal favorite, The Rolling Dough. Pro tip: This brewery rarely has parking. Your best bet is to take an Uber or Lyft.
4) Joyride Brewing If your thing is sipping to a view, this brewery is for you. Joyride has two patios, with their brand-new rooftop patio overlooking gorgeous Sloan’s Lake. This hangout is also dog-friendly so call up your best two and four-legged friends for a fun afternoon in the sun. Joyride is located in Edgewater on the west side of Sloan’s Lake. If you’re a dog parent living in Sloan’s, Edgewater, or even Jeff Park, this is a great brewery within walking distance.
5) The Thirsty Monk Based out of North Carolina, this brewery has made its way West - opening locations in Denver and Portland. Its brews are Belgian-rooted, with a modern twist. My favorite way to enjoy Thirsty Monk beer is with a Thirsty Monk “Food Flight.” The patio is small, but the location is mighty. Take a Lyft to The Thirsty Monk and plan to spend your day in Uptown. You’ll be within walking distance of many great eateries and drinkeries.
And don’t forget to check out my most recent post on Instagram for a chance to win a $50 Lyft gift card from No DUI Colorado.